Last night, we hosted an event in our comedy innovation lab where we featured Rob Boss and his friend Happy Little Cloud in a hybrid world within Facebook Live. We broadcast the event in front of live studio audience.
Here are the rules for our new “Win a Box of Merch” Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: UCBIndustries “Win a Box of Merch” Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
2. Sponsor: UCB Industries, 520 Eight Avenue, 12th Floor, NY, NY 10013.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on October 20, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on November, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter: Follow @UCB industries and retweet. A Follow and a Retweet constitute an entry. For individuals who have already followed, a retweet counts as a second entry.
5. Sweepstakes Prize: TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES: a box of UCB merchandise (t-shirts, etc..)
6. Limit: Each entrant may enter/play one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions hometown and state, and/or testimonials, photos, or other feedback related to prize or Promotion experience, for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
10. Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. Winner: For a winner announcement go to @UCBIndustries on Twitter.
© 2016 UCB Industries. All Rights Reserved.
What do some of the freshest comedy writers and performers working today have in common? Many got their start with the UCB Training Center Diversity Scholarship, a program designed to bring new voices into comedy. Established in 2009, the UCB Training Center Diversity Scholarship was created to increase the diversity of races, ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities at UCB, as well as the number of people over 40, individuals with disabilities, and U.S. military members or veterans. This scholarship is offered through our Training Center, the only accredited improv and sketch comedy school in the country. Since 2009, we have awarded more than $1,000,000 in scholarships.
The UCB Training Center Diversity Scholarship provides free enrollment in two classes every six months, as well as free admission to UCB shows while students are enrolled in a class. In addition, students have access to periodic workshops in improv and sketch comedy. A fellowship program offers similar benefits, without the financial component, for students who simply have difficulty enrolling in classes due to high demand.
"I'm constantly amazed and delighted by the improv, sketch, and character work that comes from our student body, and having a wide variety of people from different backgrounds and life experiences makes all the scenes richer, more truthful and funnier,” says Erik Tanouye, Diversity Coordinator for UCB. “As a teacher, performer and audience member, I've benefitted from the increasing diversity of our students over the last eight years. The diversity program has been the most meaningful experience of my time managing the school, and I look forward to its continued growth and success in the future."
UCB Training Center Diversity Scholarship recipients have gone on to work on shows all across the industry. Past scholarship recipients include writers and performers on staff at:
● Broad City
● Brooklyn Nine-Nine
● The Daily Show
● Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
● Girl Code
● Inside Amy Schumer
● Key & Peele
● Late Night with Seth Meyers
● Party Over Here
● Saturday Night Live
● The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
● Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
● New Girl
● I Love You, America
● Why? with Hannibal Buress
Interested in learning more, or maybe applying? Follow @UCBclassesNYC on Twitter to get updates about the scholarship, or join our mailing list: http://bit.ly/2wm8h72
At UCB, some of our favorite workshops have been ones we’ve designed for young people. So we were thrilled this past August to work with D&AD, a British organization that’s probably best known for its creative excellence in design and advertising awards.Read More
Facebook Live isn't just what your friends use to stream poorly lit shenanigans on a Friday night. It's a petri dish for new forms of interactive comedy — one that Nate Russell, creative director at UCB Comedy’s production division, Don't Think Productions, has been busily experimenting with over the course of 2017. Russell sat down with UCB intern and Loyola University sophomore Kyle Hand to discuss where Facebook Live is going and what this burgeoning media means for entertainment, branded content and talent.Read More